Hello everybody 💕.
We’ve finally gotten through the hottest month of them all, MAY!!! Aren’t you happy about that? I know I am. It’s so funny because , it’s so true what they say… “The grass is always greener on the other side.” We wait for summer to wear our cute outfits, sandals and hats. But then (especially here in Mumbai) the heat starts to get unbearable and all we want is for it to rain. Or is that just me? Anyway… Looks like that won’t be happening for another couple months or so. Getting to the point – Here are a few beauty products and perfumes / body mists I’ve been absolutely in love with this summer!
The first and my absolute favourite is this peel off mask that I bought when I went to Vietnam. Not going to lie, I was very hesitant about using it at first. I tested it on my hand and only after I found that it was safe did I use it on my face. Hahahha…. Don’t worry I’m not usually this fussy, it’s only because this product was extremely cheap. It was about 60 INR. YEP! I KNOW RIDICULOUS !!! But genuinely…. It’s one of the best Peel Off Masks I’ve ever used.
- It smells heavenly. It has that strong citrus scent which is extremely appealing. Heck! I could just sniff it all day!
- It has a nice strong grip, so when you peel it off it really gets all that gunk out of your face and neck, leaving your skin super soft and very visibly clean.
- The only downside is I have no idea of where you can get it from besides Vietnam’s supermarkets. However, I will check some sites online and let you know if I do end up finding the product.
This next product was actually a birthday gift from a friend of mine and I absolutely love it! It’s the Victoria’s Secret PASSION STRUCK in the Fuji Apple and Vanilla Orchid scent. It smells just like the description says – very fruity, fresh and summery with a hint of a floral scent. It’s perfect travel size too, so great to pop into any handbag when you’re on-the-go.
These are my current favourites in makeup. I am completely aware that I’m no expert in this sector , but I am really loving these products and would like to share them with you.
- Let’s start off with the INVEDA BB Cream. It reads, ” 8 in 1 Cream with Magnolia & Almond. SPF 20. Fair Colour. For All Skin Types. ” So it does have a light coverage for any blemishes, spots or lines plus it has SPF which is perfect for the summer time. While keeping your face looking flawless and spot free it also protects you from the sun. Also this is the kind of product wherein a little bit goes a long way. If you end up using too much your face will start to feel like it’s just been smothered with moisturiser which is never a good feeling on a hot day. I use it by itself in the day time but as a primer if I have an evening function or event.
- Let’s move on to the MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Concealer. Great coverage and very easy to blend which is the most important thing in any makeup product. They have quite a wide range of shades to choose from as well so it’s very unlikely that there won’t be one that matches your skin tone perfectly. Also, it’s extremely reasonable price wise compared to some of the other brands and it does work just as well.
- Lastly, the MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Clear Glow ALL IN ONE SHINE FREE CAKE POWDER. It does have an SPF OF 32 which is always a bonus. It says on the packaging that it lasts for 8 hours, but I haven’t worn it even close to that amount of time to let you know if it’s true. Doesn’t make your face look cakey for sure and if you’re one with oily skin like me you should give this a try.
I’ve saved the best of all for last. My boyfriend gave this to me for my birthday and I’m in love. It’s the ZARA WOMAN GOLD. I’m already the biggest Zara fan and this perfume doesn’t only look gorgeous but smells heavenly too. The packaging itself looks so elegant, classy and rich. This is a gift any woman/ girl would be delighted to receive. I know I was. It has a bit of a mature scent , not the kind that you would picture your grandmother with but , the kind a sexy flawless lady with pointy heels, a white buttoned down shirt and a black pencil skirt would be caught wearing. What can I say? It smells just like it looks – Classy, Elegant & Rich.
So these were all the products I’ve been loving this month and am now using extremely sparingly as I don’t want to run out. I’m curious to know what are some of your recent favourites? Let me know in the comments so I can get a hold of them and enjoy them too 😃. Follow me to stay updated of when I upload new posts. Love you!
Picture Credits : André Fernandes