This is something completely different, well it is fashion related (I guess). But it’s an observational post. I love going shopping whether it’s actually to buy something (which is preferable) or even if it’s just to browse. I’ve observed different people and their behaviour. So I thought it would be fun to do a blog post on it. Let me know in the comments what type of a shopper are you? Even if you’re not one from the list ☺️.
Now we all know July – August is THE month for sales. Everywhere you look is a 50-70% Off sign. And me being the clothing addict that I am has to go check them out. There’s no place I’d rather spend my time at than – THE MALL. I joke that it’s my natural habitat. But we all know that it isn’t much of a joke. If there’s any place I’ve observed a lot at its here. There are so many different kinds of shoppers. Some of the most common ones are…
1. The “trend setters” they’ll never buy clothing, shoes or accessories on sale. Only because they don’t ever want to be caught dead in something that’s last season.
2. The “window shopper” and let’s be real – we all come under this category a lot of the times! Those who love to check out what’s in stock. Those who know exactly what top is from where or what brand of shoes those are, but they never actually purchase the item.
3. The “blind shopper”. I hope to someday reach this level. They never ever look at the price tags! They never look to see if the item is on sale or if it’s amongst the new collection – they like it, they buy it.
4. The “pushy mum”. We all secretly wish our mums were like this, but not everyone is lucky enough! These are the super rich mums who love to spoil their kids rotten. Those who want to keep buying clothes, shoes, bags, socks you name it for their child. So much so that the child themself tells her they don’t need all that.
5. Then there’s the opposite kind of mum, the “think a hundred times before you buy” kind. Do they really need it? How long will they use it for? Is it worth the price? Will I get it somewhere else at a better rate? The questions go on. And the funniest part is they’ll calculate the price of the item and consider how long will they use it for. In this way, they’ll end up getting the exact amount for it per day. Ridiculous- I know! But you got to do what you got to do when you’re on a budget!
To be honest there are a ton more of these “Types of Shoppers” but I don’t want this post getting stretched out too much.
On to the ones we’re focusing on … “The SALE Shenanigans” those who don’t shop all year round just to save all their money to shop during the sales. These people or just a lot of people in general who pass by a store they would usually never enter, but if they read “upto 60% OFF” they’ll walk right in without a second thought. It’s mostly girls dragging their boyfriends into the stores and children dragging parents. But ofcourse wives taking their husbands and middle aged women by themselves, not to forget the minority of males too! I mean…. I’m just wondering wouldn’t you save a lot more money if you shopped when you actually needed something irrespective if there’s a sale or not? In that way you would only end up buying the item you actually need. Whereas during a sale everything seems so much cheaper so you end up buying the items having the best deals which very often isn’t what you need at all. Then a few months later you realise you haven’t bought what you went for and have to go back and buy that item at full price.
I guess that ending made it seem like I’m all against sales , but the truth is I’m one of those suckers who can’t help but shop during the sales. I don’t know about you but I hate that feeling of buying something full price and then a few weeks later the price goes down by half! It’s the most annoying thing ever. The other side to the coin is obviously why pay Rs. 3000/- when you can get it for Rs. 1500/- ??? Like everything, there’s always a positive, there’s always a negative. I just thoroughly enjoyed watching all the different kinds of shoppers and their spending habits. It was both hilarious and ofcourse a great blog topic to write about!
If you liked this post, be sure to let me know in the comments or by liking it. Do share it with anyone you know that is like one of the shoppers mentioned. I hope you can relate 😜 and chao for now.