It’s that time of year again and I couldn’t be happier! That time where in we train ourselves to think it’s cold enough for long sleeves, turtle necks and fuzzy socks but in reality we have to stick to shorts and tees. That time where we finally know what to do with the maple leave garlands that aunty bought from Canada! And that time when we wait for Starbucks to bring out the Pumpkin Spice Latte because nothing else about Mumbai is anywhere near FALL or Halloween!
I think it’s high time we change what’s the norm and do what we want! What I want is Trick-or-Treating all over , everywhere! But in reality I’m for one TOO OLD and secondly this idea is a crime just waiting to happen! But we can still have dress up parties with friends, family, your dog, your cat, yourself! Who cares? As long as your Instagram is On Fleek 👻. Right???
So here are a couple of outfit ideas that I’ve come up with. Let me know which one is your favourite in the comment section! Nothing too OTT. Their both subtle enough, yet super cool! If I may say so myself.
The only major parts of the outfit were the horns and her staff.
For the horns all you need to do is:
- Mould the horn shape with aluminium foil. Make sure both your horns look about the same shape and size.
- Cover them with tissue paper dipped in water and glue (fevicol). Aka. Paper mashe around both horns.
- Paint them in a dark dirty, almost black brown colour.
- Lastly, attach them to either a headband or some barrettes with black electrical tape.
For her staff, all you need to do is:
- Paint a wooden dowel black.
- Stick on a Christmas bauble to the tip of it with some hot glue. I went for a golden bauble.
- Partially cover the bauble with some leaves painted black.
- For added detail, you can replicate vines with a hot glue gun.
I know this may seem a bit time consuming, but if you have the time. It’s a great costume idea! And with everyone being Harley Quinn this year, you’ll definitely stand out! 😉
Pair the props with a black dress and you’re good to go!
2. A Prisoner
This is a total last minute costume idea. You can practically throw this together on the 31st itself!
All you need is a black and white striped tee and some black pants. If you have black and white striped pants too, then all the better. But I didn’t.
For the props:
- A chef hat
- A laundry bag (optional)
- A black mask (optional)
All you need to do to the chef hat is paint stripes on it. My cap was black, so I painted white stripes.
To the laundry bag, draw/ paint on a dollar sign and carry it around. So it looks as though you’ve robbed a bank.
If you have a black eye mask, it would be perfect. I didn’t have one, so I decided to go down the bruised route. With some black and blue eyeshadow , I bruised up my under eye area.
And tada! Those were my two last minute costume ideas!
Hope you like them.
And have a SPOOKtacular Halloween 👻💀☠🎃