Don’t want to jinx it but I think this is going to be the year in which you’re going to hear so much from me, you’re going to be bored to tears! A.K.A the year in which I’m actually going to post as much as I should have all these years.
Hope you liked my previous post on my Goa outfits. If you haven’t read it yet, here’s the link, go check it out and come back (: GOA 2019 LOOKBOOK .
Now, on to my 3 favourite places to eat at in Goa.
DISCLAIMER: This is strictly a food review. Which means I’m not going to write about the ambiance, the service or anything else that might add to a great experience. Don’t expect me to anyway. If I add extras in there, take it with a smile. AND LIKE MY POST!
Carry on now… 😀
1. The Black Sheep Bistro : Zomato link
Came here for dinner on the night we arrived and I can tell you one thing… Goa was off to a delicious start!
The dishes in the pictures:
- Prawns Plancha which was essentially prawns tossed in garlic, chilli and garlic aioli (tbh I don’t know what aioli is) let me know if you do. All I know it was delicious, one of my favourite dishes here.
- Crispy Calamari not completely gaga over it. Was decent but wouldn’t order it again if given the chance. The meat was slightly tough and quite tasteless if I’m going to be completely honest.
- Bistro Pork Poutine yas! Yaas! Yaaas! Need I say more? The pork was perfectly cooked – tender as ever, it practically melted in my mouth. I need to find a place in Mumbai that does this. Genuinely.
- RED WINE SANGRIAAAA of course! Sorry I can’t tell you what wine it was or how it tasted after I shook the glass in my hand and smelt it like a fancy lady. Because well… even if I did do that, my opinion wouldn’t be accurate. In fact, it would be totally off, ahahahaha.
2. Zeebop : Zomato link
The perfect place by the beach. Great food, an insane view and a chance to take off your pants and jump in the sea. What’s not to love?
There’s not much to review here but honestly when in Goa all you really need is a perfectly grilled / tandoored Snapper. And this is that. And hey, if Snapper isn’t your thing, they bring you that terrifying platter of dead seafood to choose from. I promise it isn’t as traumatizing as my picture looks.
The drink you’re wondering? Fruit punch. Because I was so done with alcohol. But it was one yummy fruit punch, I tell ya.
3. Gunpowder : Zomato link
They got that name from their food, I tell you! It’ll blow your taste-buds away. Spicy is an understatement but delicious as hell.
Started off with some cocktails, I had the Smoked Maple Old Fashioned which is a blend of bourbon, maple syrup, bitter and Islay misk.
For starters we had the Andhra Prawn Masala, Beef Fry and Spicy Chorizo. I think my favourite was hands down the Prawns, we even called for seconds.
Now… if you have a low, medium, heck! Even a high tolerance for spice, do not order the Spicy Chirizo. It comes straight from hell I tell ya! No joke.
The main coarse was incredible. We had this Idukki pork curry which was nothing like anything I’d ever tasted before. Mostly because I don’t eat Kerala food but regardless… It was delicious. with Malabar Parotta at first and then with Appam. Also… I’m pretty sure, Appams are my new favourite thing to eat with curry. Or without curry.